On Tuesday 2nd April, Worcester racecourse hosts its Grand National In Focus Evening. Hear from guest speakers, including Grand National winning trainer Dr Richard Newland, as they delve into their experiences of the race, learn some little known-facts about the Grand National, preview the big race itself and enjoy a delicious two-course dinner from Worcester's award-winning chef.
Other guest speakers unclude:
- Chris Pitt, racing historian and Grand National expert
- Jockey Neale Doughty who won the Grand National on Hallo Dandy in 1984
- Jockey Bob Davies who won the Grand National on Lucius in 1978, the first horse to win the race after Red Rum
- David Fox, owner of the racehorse Saint Are who was twice placed in the Grand National
- Compered by Roger Hart, tipster & syndicate manager at Jonjo O'Neill Racing
This is set to be a unique event full of insight into the world’s greatest steeplechase, with tickets costing £29 per person.